Salmon Burgers with Spinach & Jalapeno Bits
Author: Paige Swanson
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cooked salmon fillets
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped cilantro, parsley and dill
- 2 cups chopped carrots (about 2 large)
- 2 thinly sliced jalapenos
- 2 limes, juiced
(Optional: Ciabatta Buns, Ghee Butter and Cooked to broiled)
Salmon Burger Toppings:
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Romaine Lettuce
1. Cook the salmon in the oven slightly seasoning the meat with olive oil, salt and pepper at 350 degrees. Once fully cooked, flake the salmon pieces and spread apart the salmon fillet. In a separate bowl, combine the garlic, chopped jalapenos, bread crumbs, egg yolk and salmon. Then with washed hands, mix the assortment together, shaping the salmon into small patties.
2. You have the choice to fry, broil or grill the salmon fillet. If you’re using the oven, recook the salmon fillet in 350 degrees, wrapped in a foil bed.
3. Once the salmon patties have light browned, serve them up and enjoy them with a fresh vegetable like broccoli or cauliflower.