Paige Swanson is a visual artist in the Denver, Colorado area and her art pieces focus on the ecological and psychological relationship that humans have with their mind, body and enviornment. Her work is inspired from her research and passion for cognitive neuroscience. Her pieces are mixed media and incorporate real elements from nature, which she hopes to use as a representation of the importance of advocating for climate change, ecopsychology and spirituality.
Wake The Dead Coffee Shop, Alive Inside Exhibition – San Marcos, Texas 2018
Mohawk, Raw Paw Alien Summer Art Festival – Austin, Texas 2017
Simple Duck Art Gallery, Wake Up to Me Exhibition – Austin , Texas 2017
ArtiTash, And we were never the same – Denver, Colorado 2018
- Wake Up We’re All Drowning, Mixed Media, Print
- A_pathy and Subjective Dissonance, Mixed Media, Print
- Global Warming and the Impace of Human Apathy, Mixed Media, Wood Panel
- The Neurology of Dissociative Amnesia, Oil, Wood Panel
- I Hear Your Arm is Purple from Heroin Usage But You Don’t Feel Like it is a Problem, Acrylic, Canvas
- SSRIS and the Pathway to Ambivalence, Acrylic, Canvas
- The Psychology of Climate Change, Acrylic, Canvas
- The Doors of Perception, Mixed Media, Canvas
Dance Movement and Choreography
Dance Movement Therapy is a well-rounded art-form that allows for the self-expression and analysis needed to dive deep into untouched thoughts, feelings and experiences.
While training as a modern dancer, I learned dancing is the expression of unprocessed emotions combinded with the anatomical compotents of movement.
It Doesn’t Matter How You Move, The Point is You’re Moving.
My dance therapy treatment starts with a couple of measures:
- Dancing to Inspire Change
- Expressing our Emotions Through Hand Gestures and Facial Expressions
- Self-lead, Self-Discovery Dance Sessions
- Processing The Experiences We Had Together and With One Another
Dance Experience/ Exhibitions:
Raw Paw Art Collective and Music Video Performance – SXSW Austin, Texas 2017
(2014 Austin Music Video Award Recipient – Talent/ Production Team)
Lindred Audio Engineer Dance Performance and Collaboration – Austin, Texas 2017
CAPYAC Music Videos and Live Dance Performances – Austin Texas 2016
- Speedracer Music Video Performance
Slooom Audio Engineering Dance Performance and Collaboration – Austin, Texas 2017
Voice & Exit – Interpretive Dance and Performance – Austin, Texas 2017
Artheism – Interpretive Dance, Performance and Visual Art – Austin, Texas 2017
Movement Series – Interpretive Modern Dance and Teaching – Paris, France 2018
Dance Short – Dead Roses Collaboration with Leo Bumba – Deadline Art Gallery – Rino, Denver, Colorado 2018
Paige Swanson has been training in all forms of dance from the age of five including ballet, modern, contemporary and pro-cheerleading. Her current training has been with Ballet Dallas from 2017 – 2018 and in Paris, France at Studio Harmonic, with a focus in modern parisan dance, in 2018. And studying laban analysis and dance movement at the Gibney Center for Dance Movement Research in New York City in 2019. Spending time advancing her technique allowed Paige to truly discover herself as an artist and a choreographer.